Swedish VAT levels. What is the VAT in Sweden? How many different VAT rates are there in the Swedish VAT system? What is the VAT for hotel and taxi in Sweden?
Swedish VAT rates
In Sweden, there are 3 VAT rate levels, or four if you count the zero rate.
Standard VAT rate: 25 percent
Reduced rates: 12% and 6%
Items and services with 12% VAT in Sweden:
- Food and drinks (except alcohol)
- Hotel accommodations
- Restaurant services (except alcohol)
- Small repairs of bicycles, shoes, leather garments, clothes and similar.
Products and services with 6% VAT in Sweden:
- Books and newspapers (not e-books which are 25%)
- Notes, printed maps, navigation charts, drawing books for kids
- Passenger transport, taxi
- Some sporting and cultural events, opera tickets
- Copyright related cultural work of art
- Article writing and translation of books and novels
- Transfer of copyrights